Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"How to Write a Fire," by David Toussaint (DIRECTOR'S CUT)

Hi,
Just thought I would post my new column, "'How to Write a Fire,'" by David Toussaint."

 (gay people make the mainstream tongue-tied)

"How to Write a Fire," by David Toussaint

I've been meaning to write this story for a couple of years, but never felt the time was right. As I wrote in the column, I no longer have the same fears I used to; don't care what people think. And many of my fears are gone. The important things matter. Health, happiness, my friends, my dog, my loves.

And I've realized that, if you don't stand up for what you believe in, you might as well grab a mud hut and settle down.

I also have the original New York Times Business Section Article, HERE!

Alas, "The Striking Similarities Between the Chelsea Boy and the Conde Nast Girl" is gone. The site that published it, Outsider Inc., vanished awhile back and removed all content. But, as you can imagine, it was quite scandalous (lol).

The actual "Bride's" gay and lesbian wedding article, "Outward Bound," is not on-line. Perhaps I'll frame my printed copy :)

All my best,
David

PS: They really are in the book!
David Toussaint

No comments:

Post a Comment