Monday, December 28, 2009

"Toxic Shock" (LOADED WITH EXTRAS!)

My new column, Toxic Shock.

I'm in Miami with Rusty, so I haven't had time to write. But here he is in his pool.

I think DJ snapped the photo. He's here too, after being detained on Northwest Airlines for excessive cuteness. A flight attendant leaped over the seat to snuggle uncontrollably with him.

As for the column,
someone asked me if we need to shock. I don't think so. But I do believe most who "shock" do so because they're not afraid to speak their mind and/or go against the grain. When you don't do what you're told, you almost always shock. When you're told to take your clothes off or grab your crotch, it doesn't translate to a shock, it translates to a gimmick.

Anyway, found a fun Barbra Interview
Love Is The Answer Promo. I didn't mention what a stellar CD it is; truly remarkable. My favorite song is "If You Go Away," which is the most emotionally vulnerable I've heard her in years. Wow, I think I found a clip.


My mother's next-door neighbor was shocked and appalled when they went to see "The Owl and the Pussycat" seventy thousand years ago. I guess she didn't like that the Funny Girl swore and played a prostitute.

I was inspired by this flick.

I hated that woman--my neighbor. She used to come by every day and make fun of our family, then drink Mom's Sherry in the back yard. I think she turned into Barbara Bush.

As for Adam Lambert, come on....


Show of hands as to who thinks he's sexy?

Cyndi Lauper was shockingly innocent, Madonna "wais" someone who simply didn't have inhibitions. Lady GaGa seems to be on her way.

And Bette Midler is nothing less than shockingly Divine!
Sophie Tucker.

'Nuff Said.
--You're in the book too
David Toussaint

No comments:

Post a Comment